Old 16-02-2013, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default OT TV sound

In article o.uk,
says...

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 15:15:44 -0000, Janet wrote:

English city where the average reading age is 7.

Where would that be? With a reference please

Somewhere near the 7 bridge?

Under it, more like. I've never heard of an adult population having
their reading ages tested/recorded.

Some one "clever" probably did a survey of 50 adults on a council sink
estate and extrapolated the results to cover the whole city.

Having said that a google produces many hits which state the UK average
reading age is around 8 or 9. B-(

That's below functional adult literacy so I think it's highly unlikely
to include the adult population. At least, not while current pensioners
are alive, as our cohort has a high literacy rate.

http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/rese..._research/2364
_literacy_state_of_the_nation

Janet