Old 24-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Kate Kaercher

Default English Roses for MD

Shiva wrote:
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 01:17:59 -0400, Kate Kaercher
wrote:

Ms. Kate. David Austin himself recommends that these roses be planted
in threes. I think their floppability factor is an unavoidable
byproduct of their great big beautiful many-petaled blooms. I mean,
the scent alone probly weighs a good six ounces, you know?

Of course he recommends they be planted in 3s. More $ in his pocket.
The ones I had, except LD Braithwaite, did not really have big beautiful
blooms. One of them, probably Fair Bianca, .consistently got smaller
and smaller flowers as the summer progressed until at the end she was
like a mini

Meanwhile, I planted two hybrid tea bare roots in the same big hole.
Ever hear of that?

Yeah, and?

AND I am about to plant three Distant Drums together, and two Circus.
Why? Quicker gratification. When you come right down to it, many rose
look better faster planted in groups. I might plant them a foot apart.
Hell, I can always move them.

To each her own. BTW, I finally got my Mutabilis!

If
I'm buying more than one GT, that's fewer different roses that I'm able
to buy.

Oh puleeeze. You are clearly buying too many superfluous things. Like
food. G

If you only knew.

And it's more $$ in David Austin's pocket so he doesn't have to
breed roses that can stand on their own.

Very prissy, Missy.

What can I say? There are a lot of roses out there. I can bust my
budget and go bankrupt buying all the roses I want and still not get to
the Austins.

I have

Tamora--cute, cute, cute! 2 feet tall and wide! Many flowers!

want

Golden Celebration--young

not familiar

Jude the Obscure--Suzannes, a monster bloom machine and delicious

heard good things

Abraham Darby--young

ditto

The Squire--young

ditto

The Prince--young

ditto

Pat Austin--WORLDS apart, a really different Austin, love it!

ditto

all on their own roots from Muncy's or Michael's

I want:

Perdita

not familiar

Evelyn

my grandmother in law's name. Won't be getting it!

Nice to see you back.

Thanks.