Old 18-02-2013, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default OT TV sound

Dave Hill wrote:

I think you want to update your facts.
In many the ophthalmic departments of many UK hospitals they are doing
Cataract operations as a day surgery procedure/
You say about about the replacement lens being matched to the eye, I'm
not sure what you mean by this, if you are referring to eye colour then
there is no matching to do as the lens is clear, all the colour of the
eye is in the Iris.

I have to take steroids and they can cause early onset cataracts, which in my case developed very quickly. I was very long-sighted as well, so I had reached the point where I could hardly see a thing without super-strong lenses. Driving at night became impossible because of the glare and it was very difficult to make out floral details when trying to identify plants.

I had both eyes 'done', one in September '11 and the other January '12 and in both cases I was in, out and back home in less than 3 hours. The operation itself takes little more than 20 minutes and is completely painless. My implants were prescription lenses to offset the long-sightedness and my 'new eyes' are almost as good now as they were 40 years ago. No more glasses for me ... apart from those that need filling with a good Rioja ;-)