Old 18-02-2013, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT TV sound

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

I read the Daily Mail every day, salt cellar in hand. And I know quite
a few others here do, too. I also read the Daily Telegraph, the Mid
Devon Advertiser, the Totnes Times, Country Life and The Lady
(unexpectedly excellent magazine now, for those who haven't seen it in
years) The Oldie and if totally desperate Aircraft. It's a big
Shavian-style mistake to judge people on the papers they read. I'm
sure you and others, have been open to manipulation in your time. Most
of us have, even if we didn't recognise it as such when it was
happening.

I was judging the paper, and a regrettable number of its readers,
not all of its readers!

The Lady used to be far better than it was given credit for, and
some really quite good writers used to publish occasional articles
in it. Country Life is a bit tedious, but quite often has one or
two interesting articles.

What amuses me is the number of people who inveigh against the DM but
who must, surely, read it to be so confident in their opinions? ;-)

It's available in the waiting room where I go for my blood pressure
trial appointments. Usual experience is several gross and obvious
falsehoods, invented to support its bigotry, but nothing either
interesting or informative. Then I either give up or get called in.

Now, if they still had Flook :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.