Old 22-02-2013, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pendrag0n[_2_] Pendrag0n[_2_] is offline

Default Steam clean weeds

Had a Eureka moment today to use one of those modern portable hand
steamers to kill weeds. Cant patent the idea as the yanks have already
thought of it!

Has anyone tried this and if so what is the success rate compared to
those nefarious weedkillers we pollute the planet with, which only
seem to serve to make them come back with a vengeance bigger and
stronger?

Classic example was looking at a field of sheep that had an electric
fence put up. The underside is chemically sprayed regularly. The
unsprayed area (over the year) just has, pretty much, long grass. But
the area that has been sprayed has some really mean looking weeds
coming up! I mean like thick thistles etc. I had supscted this for
some time in our pwn garden. This confirms it. So, logically spraying
it is only feeding the spray companies?

Is steam the way to go I wonder?