Old 22-02-2013, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default Lidl cold frame - lids fall through

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:20:44 +0000, Timothy Murphy
wrote:

I'll see if I can use the back seal in that way, as a hinge.
It certainly does not look as though it was intended for that purpose,
or it would surely have been made a little wider.

There's rubber and there's rubber. If the seals were designed to act
as a hinge thing then the type of rubber used should allow for that.
But otherwise, you risk the rubber deteriorating more rapidly than you
would want.

If the instructions make no reference to the rubber (and, TBH,
anything I've bought from Lidl has always had faultless instructions)
I would take the thing back within their no-quibble refund period
(assuming it hasn't expired). It might be too late in 3 months when
things fall apart.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.