Old 23-02-2013, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Lidl cold frame - lids fall through

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

On 22/02/2013 22:40, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Martin wrote:

I wonder if anyone has bought and put together
the cold frame that Lidl is currently selling (in Ireland at least)?

The 2 lids on my frame are not large enough, as far as I can see.
The space is 24in deep, while each lid is 23.5in deep;
so the lids fall through the space.

There are some rubber seals provided with the frame,
which do not seem to be mentioned in the installation instructions,
but I do not see how these could cure the problem.

I'm beginning to wonder if the manufacturer found the lids
were not the correct size, and has added the seals to try to correct this.
The lids would be the correct size if one measures the base of the frame;
but the lids are sloping, which makes the space slightly (0.5in) larger.

My wife has assembled two Lidl cold frames. Everything fitted together

Could you ask her how deep (from back to front) the lids are, please?
Mine are 23.5in deep, while the sloping arm of the frame is 24in.

I just wonder if you have it inside out?

You mean the roof frame? Good idea.

or if he has fitted the roof panel as the back upright panel

Janet