Old 23-02-2013, 05:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Willi Willi is offline

Default 1st sign of spring

Am 22.02.2013 00:07, schrieb joevan:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:12:18 +0100, Willi wrote:

Am 18.02.2013 23:38, schrieb joevan:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:28:28 +0100, Willi wrote:

I took the pic 2day.
I love it, such wonder thru the snow.

... the weather got colder this week and the Leucojums are entirely
covered with snow again.

I remember when I was at Winterthur, the museum seeing such.
I worked there for a while as a paper conservator.

Were it books(printings) or paintings that you've been mainly working with?

Willi

I mostly still work on paper objects. Prints, a lot of Pa German
Fraktur, and many other items of value on paper. We have done some
oils, by such as NC Wyeth that have never been published.
We have done many things over the past 40 years or so. We have a way
of "washing" pastels using ultrasonic mist and a suction table. I
have also built a numbe of those over the years.

Fascinating. I had to look up NC Wyeth though, and German Fraktur as
well. I am able to read Fraktur and also Kurrent or Sütterlin (That's
what the old handwriting is called in German.- Fraktur are the sort of
printed letters used in the headlines or the emphasized parts.) I've
found very interesting pieces of PA German Fraktur in the internet and
downloaded a nice set of handwritten initials from a Pennsylvanian site.
- If you should ever need a text to be translated from Kurrent, just
email me.