Old 24-02-2013, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default using surplus lemons

Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Rick wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:47:30 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

David, those were lemons you were trying to preserve awhile back,
weren't they? How'd you ever make out with them?
I'm on my way back to zesting and juicing.

I used several ways:

- Morrocan preserved lemons these are really nice as a garnish but you only
need one jar a year so it doesn't use up many;

- frozen juice cubes and frozen zest sausages, roll the zest in plastic film
and freeze, keeps for ages, open the end cut some off and re-seal;

- lemon cordial, I love this, lemonade at any time of year, so much more
flavour than the commercial stuff and cheap, the recipe is simple if you are
interested.