Old 24-02-2013, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Bluebells: daft question

On 24/02/2013 12:05, Another John wrote:
(well it feels like a daft question ...)

We are opening up a small area of woodland at the place where I do
gardening. "Opening up" meaning cutting away dense overgrowth, dense
undergrowth and nettles accumulated over as much as a decade.

I thought It'd be great to get bluebells in there .... how does one do
that? I mean: you can't go and buy bluebell seeds, nor have I ever
noticed bluebell bulbs for sale in the quantities we'd need.

tia
John

If it's old woodland then you might well find that when you clear the
brash away, and light can get in that you will get bluebells coming
back, they seem to be able to lie almost dormant for years waiting for
the right conditions.
David at the cold end of Swansea bay