Old 24-02-2013, 09:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
W[_2_] W[_2_] is offline

Default Source for Red Lava Rock

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
"W" wrote:

What is the most economical source for a large bag of small red lava

rock,
to be used as a replacement for pumice in a succulent soil mixture? I

also
want to use the red lava rock as a mulch.

At my store 1 cu ft costs $4.93
http://tinyurl.com/atj4fxe

http://www.lowes.com/pd_252578-59576...&storeId=10151

I was looking for a wholesale source of a 40 pound bag.

The trick I have been doing with white pumice is to buy a large bag in a
product known as drystall from agricultural retailers. You can get a 40
pound bag under $20. I'm looking for something similar that lets me buy
a large amount of small red lava rock at a better price than what a nursery
gives on a 5 lb bag.