Old 25-02-2013, 06:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Wheelbarrows as planters

Steve B wrote:

I have no less than a dozen wheelbarrows, some worth $2, and some in very
good condition that could be used for heavy lifting. Thing is, we usually
don't pass up any under $5.

SWMBO wants some planters made for spring. I think I know to use a rock
base for drainage, some potting soil mixed with amendments, a little
fertilizers, etc.

I was just wondering how many had made sculptures of any of these, or
stacked them in any way. Some may be hung at all angles. Some will be
repainted, new wood, varnish, shiny finish, and some will stay looking old,
or made to look old. Googled it, but didn't find a lot of anything that
caught my attention.

they are ok for very hardy and drought
tolerant plants, but otherwise they are
too shallow. adding rocks for drainage
means even less root space.

we have a few. they get blown over.
i'd recycle them but Ma likes how they look.

yes, David, cliche. for fun we'll have
ladders this year. supposedly for cucumber
trellises... *sigh*

songbird