Old 25-02-2013, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Bluebells: daft question

In article , echinosum.ba12d36
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

Janet;978716 Wrote:
InThey germinate the following sprinng (looking like grass); a few small

flowers in year 3; from subsequent years you'll have your own bluebells

rapidly spreading both by seed and underground.

If they like your piece of ground, that is.

They don't like my garden.
Not the natives anyway, the Spanish planted before I arrived do fine.
All attempts at establishing native bluebells failed. Probably they
prefer the natural undisturbed ground of the bluebell wood a short
distance away.

.... which is why I recommended broadcasting fresh, local seed on
undisturbed ground in the OP's woodland.

Janet.