Old 26-02-2013, 09:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default In a rush

"songbird" wrote in message
Rick wrote:
I've seen a lot of "pro-metric" posts in various places lately. Being
a scientist I readily convert back and forth. Still I have a fondness
for pecks, bushels, quarts and pints etc. I'd rather have a pint of
beer than 475 mls (well OK a pint is only 473.176473 ml) g. When
cooking it's cups and teaspoons for me- at the bench, grams and
microliters...

pint is a varied measure. isn't it the Brits who
use 20fl oz for the pint?

An Imperial Pint is 20 oz so it's not just the Brits who use that measure.
I can't even recall what the 16oz Pint system is called.