Old 26-02-2013, 11:34 PM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,
Meant to put this up about 3 weeks ago but forgot, too many things on my mind at the moment.

Well the season has now officially begun for me,Just sown approximately 100 leek seeds in a tray, the base layer is my EM saturated manure. Onto this I have spread a layer of seeding compost and to this added a sprinkling of seaweed and VAM granules and another light layer of compost. Sowed the seeds added the final layer of compost, tamped down the compost lightly and watered with neat EM's.

I have decided to cultivate Blue solaice this season as my Leon crop look like being similar to last seasons crop in terms of increased growth / weight. I am using a different VAM product this season as I was not all that happy with the crop increases with most of my VAM type crops last season.

If the new VAM product proves to be a better mix of VAM's and other microorganisms then I will at some stage return to Leon. I am sure that in the right environment of VAM's and organic nutrient that this leek will show its true worth.

I will not divulge the name of the VAM product at this time as I want to be sure that It is worthy of passing on!!! I made that mistake with Rootgrow, and that will not happen again!!! As I have said before this is a learning experience with regards to how Mother nature actually works her magic within the soil.

Our soils are so much poorer than they were 100 years ago, this was highlighted by Rebecca Hosking in the documentary on Natural world on BBC. She said, and I will always remember this comment, " that she remembered a time when fields being ploughed by a tractor were followed by hundreds of birds. Now no birds follow the tractor because the soil is dead"

I read a script recently which said that chemical fertilisers act like a drug for crops, this is exactly how I feel about these fertilisers. Not only do they make the normal root foraging for organic nutrients a thing of the past, they make our crops dependant on such chemicals for growth!!!

Now we are all aware of drug abuse in humans, and how it interferes with the stability of the body and its ability to assimilate nutrients is drastically reduced . Such drugs leave the body open to disease through impaired immune systems. Apparently these chemical fertilisers have a similar effect on our crops. The shortening, and altering, of root structure is also implicated, as is the ability of the roots to make symbiotic relationships with VAM's and other microorganisms.

Just think for a minute of all the new disease variants which now affect our crops and the new products which require to be purchased to deal with the problem. Fusarium is a typical example, this disease and many others are, I believe caused by feeding our crops with chemical fertilisers!!!!!

Dead soil offers no protection to our crops, and chemical fertilisers, and chemical disease remedies only cause such diseases to alter their DNA structure to cope with the chemicals used to kill them. This leads to a never ending stream of new and ever more expensive products which must be purchased

This is only my assessment on how crops are cultivated, others will as always disagree!!!

Just like drug peddlers the companies who sell these products want to make us dependant on their products for no other reason that to trap us within the chemical cultivation system and of course greater profit margins!!!!

At the end of the day we are attempting to grow better soil of the type that we had in the past only better, a soil that works with Mother nature.

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless its open