Old 27-02-2013, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Problem with white rose plant

On 2/26/13 11:21 PM, devinnrock wrote:
I have a white rose plant in my garden, but it is not giving any
flower....any suggestion.

Roses should be pruned. If serious freezing is past in your area, do it
now. Check a good gardening book or ask at a real nursery (not a lumber
yard or hardware store) how to do it.

Get a steel spike at least 2 ft long; I use 1/4-inch rebar. Poke 4-6
holes into the soil in a circle about 1 ft around the plant. Fill the
holes with bone meal or superphosphate. The phosphorus promotes
flowering.

Roses also appreciate abundant nutrients beyond phosphorus. Feed well
and frequently from now until about 6 weeks before frost is expected
next winter.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see