Old 27-02-2013, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default help on yard intervention

In article ,
wrote:

Hi,

I have about 1/2 acre of thorn bushes that I've finally begun to clear out.
There used to be some grass down there.

Currently here is the plan

1. use ryobi triblade to cut down stalks
2. rake/drag them onto a tarp and take to pickup
3. mow over it

4. ahhhhh. ? Here is where I'm not sure what to do.
Do I need to put down some deterrent to similar thorn
bush growth? Or just grass seed and fertilizer?
It doesn't have to be perfect I just want some basic
grass growing there again.

Thanks,

itchy

Is it possible to let the cut bush dry, and then burn it on the stump it
was cut from? The up side is that you will return potassium to the soil,
and suppress adventitious buds. The downside, if it is legal, is that in
the 'burbs, you may ****-off your neighbors something wonderful.

Just a thought, may not apply to you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/bu...ent/04weed.htm
l?pagewanted=all
American farmersą near-ubiquitous use of the weedkiller Roundup has led
to the rapid growth of tenacious new superweeds.
To fight them, farmers throughout the East, Midwest and South are being
forced to spray fields with more toxic herbicides, pull weeds by hand
and return to more labor-intensive methods like regular plowing.

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/glyphosatePoisonsCrops.php
Scientists Reveal Glyphosate Poisons Crops and Soil

--
Welcome to the New America.
or