Old 28-02-2013, 05:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Scale on lemon tree

Derald wrote:
Farm1 wrote:

I see that Madison is said to be a 'broad spectrum organophosphus
insecticide'.

Yes it is. I read "broad spectrum" and "non-discriminating" and
"organophosphus" as "here forever" ;-)

the other method that involves some patience
is the direct scrubbing application with a
cotton swab. i used to have cacti/succulents
that would need spot checking to keep the
buggers from setting up shop. patience is
always a good feature when working with
cacti as they don't reward awkward sudden
moves very often with anything other than
a sharp spine in the ...

I try to avoid anything of that sort of decription, but won't say that I
have never used such things. As far as I'm concerned such things are last
resorts but if they work when all else fails, I'll consider their use.

Same here. Nowadays, in my tiny garden, I tend to accept some level
of damage from "pests" as a tax for intruding into their space in the
first place; except, of course, for fire ants and those damnable
grasshoppers.
I wish you success!

does the borax and corn meal trick work for
baiting fireants?

songbird