Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default How to kill couch quickly

On Sunday, 3 March 2013 21:15:38 UTC, Roger Tonkin wrote:
A patch of my garden borders a field which is covered

in couch grass. The field is being sold, and is no

longer home to any animals.

During this short hiatus, I would very much like to

murder the edge of the field's couch grass. Given that

grass is not growing very quickly at present, and I

need a quick solution, can anyone suggest a

product/method that would do the job - preferably

without leaving a harmful residue that could affecy

animals.

--

Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Agreed with the others, Glyphosate but it's a bit early at your altitude. Then for maintainance keep spraying a barrier strip just inside your boundary - it doesn't need to be very wide every time you get a decent bit of foliage to spray.

Rod