Old 05-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Plantsman50 Plantsman50 is offline
Registered User

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire
Default Cairo nursery

I spent a total of two months, on and off, working in Cairo last year (more trips planned for 2013) and spent my free days walking around the city. I came across this small nursery on the banks of the Nile that sold only Cactus and a small selection of shrubs. The larger specimens were priced at £1.00 (10 Egyptian Pounds) and everything was sold in a clay pot. No greenhouses (no need) and just a limited selection of stock of plants that cope with the heat.
Attached Thumbnails
Cairo nursery-dscn0537.jpg   Cairo nursery-dscn0542.jpg