Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default The Price of Bird food!

"Janet" wrote in message
T...
We have always provided wheat, as a minority of the food we buy, as
ground feed for the pheasants. But so many other birds are taking it now
(collardoves, hedge and house sparrows, chaffinches, blackbirds, robins)
so we're serving significantly more of it. It's the cheapest seed you
can buy.

Our local farm shop sells wheat for £6.54 for 20kg. I use this to dilute the
seed I buy online - British finch and millet etc..