Old 08-03-2013, 05:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default Still in a Rush

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Thirdly, late in life, I've found Ajvar, pronounced Eye-var, this dish
is made of roasted Peppers and Eggplant. Ripe red mild or medium-hot
peppers are most often used, although green peppers, unripe tomatoes,
and even string beans can be combined into ajvar.

Serve as an appetizer to spread on thick slices of country-style white
bread or flat pita bread with chunks of feta cheese, or use as a side
dish to accompany grilled or roasted meats.

Have a friend who discovered this and makes dips for her church socials.
I think she mixed it with cream cheese and finely minced mushrooms