Old 10-03-2013, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default EDGEWORTHIA chrysantha

"Janet" wrote in message

Does anyone in urg grow this outdoors in the garden (in the UK)?

I've just seen it for sale in Scotland but have some doubts about the
vendor's
hardiness claim

Janet

There is a plant of this in the border in front of the house at Wisley, I
checked this January while visiting and it is unprotected and un damaged (I
accept its been a mild winter but its a large shrub so its been there a few
years) I would say if it gets good summer heat it will take occasional -10c

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs