Old 10-03-2013, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Laburnum tree and pond fish

"Spider" wrote in message
My pond is a smallish cascade affair. About 10yrs ago I kept fish (Golden
Orfe) in it. However, the local heron scoffed the lot, so many years
passed without fish. Because of this (and perhaps foolishly) I planted a
laburnum tree a few feet away.

Pure guess......might be a build up of poisen from the tree. Not something
I'd normally suggest at this time of year, but a major water change may give
a temporary respite.Use temp matched dechlorinated water. Long term, I'd say
either the fish or the tree have to go
--
Pete C