Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default EDGEWORTHIA chrysantha

On 2013-03-11 08:45:14 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:

Same for us here Janet, lack of summer heat is a bigger problem than
winter cold.

Plus winter wet! We had a Cytisus battandieri in what we thought was a
sheltered spot and it lasted precisely one year. I don't think it was a
particularly cold winter, so suspect it was the wet wot got it.

I wouldn't be surprised.

One thing we haven't mentioned is the source of the plant. We talk of a
particular species being hardy or not, yet almost never mention its
provenance. Recently there was a thread here about whether or not
Gardenia jasminoides "Kleim's Hardy" lived up to its name. I doubt that
it really does, but when compared with what most of us understand
Gardenia jasminoides to be, it's tough as old boots!

--

Jeff