Old 24-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Jane Ransom

Default What digs big tunnels in the lawn?

In article , nightjar@?.?
writes
At my late Mother's house, which I am looking after until I get around to
selling it, I have just found two tunnels dug into the lawn, each about 9"
across. The way the waste soil has been thrown shows that they were dug from
the surface down. The garden is completely surrounded by high walls, apart
from a gap about 3" high under one corner of a solid gate. So, any ideas
what did it? My thought was a terrier, but I've not seen any signs of rats
and I don't know what it would have been digging for otherwise.

Rabbits?
Follow the tunnel for about three to four feet.
If it descends a bit and then levels out and ends in a chamber with bits
of grass and leaves and moss in it then it is a rabbit.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,