Old 13-03-2013, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default who's getting snow?

On 2013-03-13 10:07:30 +0000, news said:

In article , Sacha
writes

Ah well, the grandchildren will have another day off school and may be
go poubelling in the garden! I don't think they'll break their hearts,
somehow! I really hope you get no damage to your trees but it sounds
very ominous.

When I've come across a poubelle it has been a rubbish bin. Is it a
bin shaped sledge?

It's called 'poubelling' but it's done with bin bags, so should
probably be sacs de poubelles glissantes au neige. Or something. It's
true the French never use three words where six will do but I think
that may be stretching it a bit. ;-) The poubeller puts the plastic
bag on as if taking part in a sack race and off they go. Providing
they're good, strong plastic bags, it works wonderfully, though may not
be what Monsieur Poubelle had in mind, originally!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com