Old 14-03-2013, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] is offline

Default wet wet wet summer

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:08:59 -0000, "Ragnar"
wrote:

"zaax" wrote in message
According forecasters this summer is setting up to be another wet one just
ike last summer. So harvest will be down and floods every where

We get this nonsense every year. Weather forecasters are notoriously bad at
forecasting more than five days ahead but they will keep doing it. When
they accidentally hit on a 'correct' forecast we all remember it, but when
they get it wrong we conveniently forget.
R.

Stats show that for a specific area (postcode) the forecast is usually
correct for 24 hours ahead. It gets less reliable as more days ahead
are considered. Mistakes are usually due to weather forecasters trying
generalising for large areas. These days anyone with a web connection
can get their area forecast directly from the computer model making
forecasters redundant

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/ or http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Steve