Old 15-03-2013, 11:06 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart noble View Post
IME lavender is as tough as old boots but, like anything that's probably
spent its life in a greenhouse, the current weather may be a shock for it.
I have a couple of things in transparent plastic bags, hanging on hooks,
waiting the temperature to go above 5degC before planting out
Normal lavender (Lavandula angustifolia, probably also L latifolia and hybrids) is very hardy, but most other lavenders are not properly hardy. French lavender (Lavandula stoechas, is the one most often given that name, though some others also) in particular, only survives the mildest winters where I live in the Chilterns.