Old 17-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Von5 Von5 is offline
Registered User

Location: Birmingham, UK
Default Choice of Lilac

All, anyone got good knowledge of lilacs? Mine died, very old and gnarled and I miss it so much. Would like to replace it with a bluey one, not hard or very blue but a grey lavender blue. Don't want double flowers as not best for bees etc and needs to be fully hardy so perhaps those varieties I have seen in the US and Oz may not be suitable??? Would like to get to around 10 to 12 foot and provide shade at its base for woodland type effect like my old one did. Thanks all.