Old 18-03-2013, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Photinia species

On 2013-03-18 14:30:50 +0000, Spider said:

On 17/03/2013 15:41, Sacha wrote:
This is a very old Photinia in our garden. It's probably about 60 years
old and though Ray was told the name a long time ago, he can't recall it
now. If anyone can hazard a guess at its id, we'd be grateful. I like it
a LOT more than P Red Robin because I like its rusty colour more.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9369440...in/photostream

Photinia 'Redstart'? It's reputed to be less fiery.

I don't think so, though thanks, Spider. The one we have is pretty old,
admittedly, but I don't think P Redstart gets large enough, even so.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com