Old 19-03-2013, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Raymond keeps going!

On 2013-03-19 12:49:15 +0000, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in :

Today is Raymond's 80th birthday! Since the age of 16 he has worked in
horticulture, only taking a short break to do his National Service with
3 Para. In 1981 the family moved to Landscove, Devon and he's been here
ever since, running the Nursery with his son, Matthew. He's still
working every day and rarely takes time off. And as I've just heard him
say on the phone, he's definitely not retiring because he's seen too
many people age virtually overnight once they do that! He's out there
now, propagating some of his 'babies'! I have also heard him say that
when old gardeners are cremated, they're scattered two ounces to the
square yard and forked in lightly!!

I wonder if Raymond would like this link below. Off topic, but I am sure he
will like them if he hasn't seen them before.

http://tinyurl.com/5rfpj7l

Happy birthday Raymond
Baz

I'm quite sure he hasn't seen them! That's brilliant Baz, he'll love
it. Thank you so much on his behalf!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com