Old 19-03-2013, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Raymond keeps going!

"Sacha" wrote

Today is Raymond's 80th birthday! Since the age of 16 he has worked in
horticulture, only taking a short break to do his National Service with 3
Para. In 1981 the family moved to Landscove, Devon and he's been here ever
since, running the Nursery with his son, Matthew. He's still working every
day and rarely takes time off. And as I've just heard him say on the phone,
he's definitely not retiring because he's seen too many people age
virtually overnight once they do that! He's out there now, propagating some
of his 'babies'! I have also heard him say that when old gardeners are
cremated, they're scattered two ounces to the square yard and forked in
lightly!!

Do please pass on my best wishes to Ray, if he remembers me it will be
because of the the Belamcanda chinensis.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.