Old 20-03-2013, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Raymond keeps going!

On 2013-03-20 08:50:02 +0000, The Original Jake said:

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:43:36 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Today is Raymond's 80th birthday! Since the age of 16 he has worked in
horticulture, only taking a short break to do his National Service with
3 Para. In 1981 the family moved to Landscove, Devon and he's been here
ever since, running the Nursery with his son, Matthew. He's still
working every day and rarely takes time off. And as I've just heard him
say on the phone, he's definitely not retiring because he's seen too
many people age virtually overnight once they do that! He's out there
now, propagating some of his 'babies'! I have also heard him say that
when old gardeners are cremated, they're scattered two ounces to the
square yard and forked in lightly!!

A slightly belated Happy Birthday to Ray. I hope everyone enjoyed the
celebratory meal.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay
in between feeding half the UK bird population!

Thanks, Jake and to everyone of you. Yes, he did enjoy himself! The
lobsters were perfect and so was his sticky toffee date pudding.
Several of the family were able to be with us, so it was a really happy
evening for him and everyone there. Thank you.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com