Old 22-03-2013, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
usenet2012 usenet2012 is offline

Default Very quiet today

In message , writes
In article ,
usenet2012 wrote:

Is the NG down or are you all out busily shovelling snow.

I am teaching modern Fortran.

Sounds fascinating. Pray tell how different it is to the Fortran I
learned in 1977...

Very different indeed, especially as you probably learnt Fortran 66.
If you are interested, the following pages link to the course and
another (lecture-only) one on converting older Fortrans to modern
Fortran:

http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/nmm1/Fortran/index.html
http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/nmm1/OldFortran/index.html

Thanks Nick. I fear I am going to encounter a very steep learning curve.

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.