Old 23-03-2013, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Seed sowing

David Hill wrote in news:ar5r16FbfvoU1
@mid.individual.net:

Making a cup of tea just now I got to wondering if the dispensers used
for sweeteners would work with seeds.
Has anyone tried?

Yes they work good for globe shaped seeds such as brassicas, onion and the
like. Drops the smaller seeds in trio so if the seed is expensive, and
fewer of them, it can be a waste. Yes I know that the sweetener is disk
shaped, but apart from parsnip(which is too big to pass through) I don't
know of another.

Carrot seeds are ok, but drops too many at once and gets clogged up often.
A shake of the thing unclogs it.

All in all when you get used to it, it works good, depending on what you
got dispenser type wise.

Give it a go, Dave.

Baz