Old 24-03-2013, 03:40 AM posted to rec.ponds
ReelMcKoi[_2_] ReelMcKoi[_2_] is offline

Default Pond fad over......

The pond fad is over where I live. Several pond stores closed and the pet
stores have cut way back on their pond supplies. No flea market dealers are
selling pond plants anymore. People I know have filled their ponds in or
just let nature take them over. The economy may have contributed to this, I
don't know. Our ponds are still there but we've let nature take them over.
I pull out excess Canadian pond weed a few times over the season. My ponds
are full of newts and frogs and small populations of minnows from the bait
store near the lake.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.