Old 24-03-2013, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Very quiet today

In article ,
Derek Turner wrote:
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:

Is the NG down or are you all out busily shovelling snow.

I am teaching modern Fortran.

That sounds like a contradiction in terms. Are you still using punched
cards?

Stay awake at the back there, or I shall rap your knuckles with
my ruler!

Amusingly, Fortran has moved on far more than many other, newer
languages and is in many ways more advanced and more modern than
(say) C++ (which I also teach). I posted a link to my courses.
But it is highly amusing teaching the kiddies and telling them
that I am a mere youngster, having used it only since 1969, by
which time it had been around for 15 years.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.