Old 25-03-2013, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default What exactly are they adding extra?

"Martin Brown" wrote in message ...

On 25/03/2013 08:29, shazzbat wrote:
"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
I've just had an email offering me

"J Arthur Bowers Multi-Purpose
Compost with added John Innes 35ltr"

What exactly are they adding extra of? I always understood John Innes to
be a formula which changed for different plantings.

They're recycling the man himself.

Sounds very much like it. They don't even say what the rest of it is!
(avoid)

I emailed the manufacturers and asked, this was the fast but rather
confusing reply.

"Hi Mike,

The additional raw materials added to the multi-purpose compost is a modest
amount of loam and grit. Straight John Innes composts have to be made to a
recommended formula as you rightly say they are made for specific uses.
Multi Purpose with John Innes changes the texture and can still be used for
many purposes.

Kindest Regards

Mrs Christine Burnett
HORTICULTURAL ADVISOR
e-mail:

William Sinclair Horticulture LTD
Firth Road
Lincoln
LN6 7AH
Direct Dial Tel: 01522 780335 Fax: 01522 780278

"The Professional Growers Choice" "