Old 25-03-2013, 07:51 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigolob View Post
I have just joined the forum and look forward to engaging with everyone.

My first query is that I sowed my Broad Beans after returning from hols. in mid February, under chloshes, but so far do not see any germination.

I must admit to digging up 2-3 bean seeds and found root growth but nothing yet above ground. In previous years I have sown the Beans in 3 inch peat pots in the GH and planted out when 2 inches tall (sorry about the `old English` instead of this ridiculous need to use metric. The weather is disgusting at the moment with daytime temperature in Cheshire between 32 and 36 degrees (sorry again, F not C).

How are your Beans growing or do you sow later?
I sow "when the soil has warmed" - in other words, often March, but not this year!