Old 25-03-2013, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
garlic eater garlic eater is offline

Default Garlic

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 15:56:48 -0000, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

"garlic eater" wrote ...

I started some off in greenhouse before Christmas - I have now transplanted
in
to large pots - (good drainage).

Should I feed them at all?

Yes, I have always found "seaweed extract" to be a good food for all
alliums.
Curious as to why you started them off in pots and still keep them in pots?
Ours were planted out on our allotment last October and are now about 9
inches tall and looking very healthy.

Thanks - I started off in 3" pots in greenhouse in December. There are many
roots so I have moved them to some large containers with a dozen in each.
The reason I have not put in garden is that I am converting my veg patch to
raised beds - and it will not be ready for two or three more weeks.