Old 26-03-2013, 12:37 PM posted to rec.ponds
a425couple a425couple is offline

Default Pond fad over......

"ReelMcKoi" wrote in message...
The pond fad is over where I live.

That could well be nationwide.
I will intend to expand more on this later
(but I'm not promising!)

Several pond stores closed and the pet stores have cut way back on their
pond supplies. No flea market dealers are selling pond plants anymore.
People I know have filled their ponds in or just let nature take them
over. The economy may have contributed to this, I don't know. Our ponds
are still there but we've let nature take them over. I pull out excess
Canadian pond weed a few times over the season. My ponds are full of
newts and frogs and small populations of minnows from the bait store near
the lake.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.