Old 26-03-2013, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Change in the air?

In article ,
says...

On 25/03/2013 23:10, Janet wrote:
In article , nospamigg1937
@yahoo.co.uk says...

I put some washing out today for the first time this year and got most
of it fairly dry, apart from towels. No tumble drier so fresh air
beats having it hanging around indoors. There was quite a good breeze
blowing,but still pretty cold.

Pam in Bristol

I dry it outside on suitable days, all through winter... windy cliff
top is ideal spot so long as you have pegs strong enough for the job.

Today's load flew horizontal in strong icy east wind but dried well,
soft and smooth as a baby's bum.

Janet, Arran.

I lived in Berlin for a while. The first Winter we put the clothes out
to dry. Late afternoon when we took them in they were as stiff as
boards, also when thawed they were as wet as when they went out. It
shows that "cold" depends where you live!

The same can happen here; hence "suitable" days :-)

Janet