Old 26-03-2013, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Garlic

"echinosum" wrote

Bob Hobden Wrote:
"
weather expert on the radio this morning said we were entering a mini
ice
age and it will probably last for some decades, nice!

Is he related to those "experts" who, at the beginning of March, were
predicting in the papers that the month was going to be a scorcha?

There are some respectable reasons, related to oceanic oscillations in
the north Atlantic and Arctic, which operate on a decadal timescale, for
thinking that Europe and the USA are in for generally cooler winters for
a while. Calling it an ice age is a bit rich though.

What has been odd about the past winter has been the very small
day/night temperature differences. During the periods when it's been
cold by day, it's not been much colder by night.

Funny but we were discussing that over lunch, conclusion was that it's been
constantly cloudy keeping the night temperature up despite the easterly
wind. Just our thoughts, but it is unusual to have constant cloud right
through the winter like this.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.