Old 26-03-2013, 09:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Bad lawn

"brian stanton" wrote in message

First time on the forum and no idea about gardening.....my front lawn is
in a really bad state. The lawn is low down in the garden and i wish to
raise the level of it up. If I put 200mm of top soil on top of the
existing lawn with an intention to re-turf afterwards would the lawn
underneath grow through or would I have to remove the old existing turf
beforehand?

You could spray it with something like Roundup a week or so before putting
in the new soil to kill the old stuff.