Old 27-03-2013, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What exactly are they adding extra?

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
I've just had an email offering me

"J Arthur Bowers Multi-Purpose
Compost with added John Innes 35ltr"

What exactly are they adding extra of? I always understood John Innes to
be a formula which changed for different plantings.

Mike

Yes, it is a formula. No.1, No. 2 etc according to what you are growing in
it. I have a blue book in which I write down useful things and in that
book are the formulas for John Innes (all types)
Which reminds me of a nice memory. When my brother was around 4 years old my
mother decided to grow some stuff - I forget what and he said "let's go to
the garden shop and get some John & Pete.."

Tina