Old 24-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Wilma Duncan

Default Lightly planted tank

Vincent, I created a planted tank for a person who was using a large tank
with just discus. I did it in nothing but different species of Anubias and
it was stunning as I used tall anubias and short anubias. As for bottom
feeders your Corys and loach should keep it well cleaned. If you need more
info email me privately.
Wilma
http://www.jayscustomcomputers.com/wilma/
"Vincent" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I have a 4 x 1.5 x 1.5 (feet) tank. I wish to convert the tank into a
community tank. I do not wish to have a CO2 injection but would like
to have enough greens in the tank and some small fishes.

I wish to keep the following fishes.

1. a pair of discus
2. some cardinal tetras
3. some rummy nose tetras
4. a pair of angels
5. a clown loach
6. some badis badis
7. some corydoras
8. a sailfin pleco

Here are some questions.

1. What kinda plants are neccessary for this kinda specification?
2. What kinda light is needed?
3. Is it alright if I place feeder shrimps (those type that they used
to feed
arowanas and cichlids) in the tank, my experiences with them aren't
that
good (they die easily and pollutes the tank but they are excellent
bottom
feeders) in the tank?

thanks
Vincent