Old 28-03-2013, 07:25 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
thomaspoul thomaspoul is offline
Registered User

Location: USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmb27 View Post
Hi guys, my very first post here so feel free to wade in with any comments or suggestions..

Basically I purchased a new build in june and paid for the turf to be laid in the back garden. I was told it was very recent so stay off it for a month. Two months later the grass looked good but the ground underneath was so wet and spongy that simply walking on it leaves deep dents. I asked the landscapers to look and they said "yep, you need a land drain, it's boggy". So I took this up with the developer who blamed the 'rain' and said to just wait. A few weeks later and no improvement so I wrote to the regional head office and within a week the site manager was back to look. Still quite short and unhelpful they basically said I'd bought a standard residential build and couldn't expect the world - I actually bought a 3 bed detached and it cost me everything I've ever saved so a walk-on-able garden isnt too much to expect.

Anyhow, eventually the landscapers were back to put in a french drain. They rotavated the existing turf into the soil, dug a trench (french drain?) and then relaid turf on top afterwards.

It's been 6 weeks since and the turf looks great. BUT, the ground is still spongy underfoot. Not as bad as before but still to the point of leaving dents. I really have no idea what to do to resolve this. I'd pay myself if I only knew how to put this right?!

Any advice or comments would be great thank you

By the help of this information now i will keep more green my lawn!!!