Old 24-04-2003, 09:32 PM
cross

Default Aeonium -- Crop or Leave

"Colin Spooner" wrote in a message:
Can anybody offer advice please.
I bought a Aeonium last year in a 5 inch pot.It is purple in colour and

was
about one foot high with one main stem.
Since then it has grown to about two feet,and although the main growth

is
still upwards,there are 'sideshoots'
Should I chop the top off to encourage the head to form,or leave it?
many Thanks
Colin

------------------
If you wan't more plants, cut off the sideshoots and even the top, potting
them in gritty compost that is just moist.

Continue watering the stump that is left, and soon it will sprout again.

This is what I have done, and the origional plant looks as good, if not
better than it did before.

Plants to give away and if one flowers and then dies, you will have others
that can take it's place.

Be bold ;-))

Marina
E. Sx