Old 28-03-2013, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default OT but a welcome bit of brightness

Billy wrote:
Seems as if every piece of good news is like a drop of water on a hot
rock.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...rs-agrentina-f
alklands_n_2949087.html?utm_hp_ref=green

Ilex Squid Overfishing Woes Test Delicate Relationship Between Argentina
And The Falklands

. . . hundreds of unlicensed, unregulated fishing vessels that exploit
the South Atlantic, pulling out an estimated 300,000 tons of ilex squid
a year.

The species, which roams across the maritime boundary between Argentina
and the Falkland Islands, is key to a food chain that sustains penguins,
seals, birds and whales.

yeah, international waters are likely to
always be troublesome to manage, but
eventually we have to as a whole planet
come to grips with sustainable practices.

after all, there are no other alternatives.
either we change and adjust or we'll be gone.

songbird